Salary: c.£65k pa plus Benefits: Pension.
To lead the Credit team within a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial business, ensuring delivery against the specific corporate objectives of the Group and that first-class Risk Management techniques are applied across the business.
Ownership and responsibility for lease portfolio risk management within the business with particular focus on credit risks and operational risks.
In relation to the lease portfolio and asset origination:
- To own the Credit Policy ensuring that it appropriately serves the strategy of the business and effectively manages its risks.
- To ensure that efficient processes and adequate levels of resource are in place to turnaround credit proposals accurately and within agreed service standards.
- To ensure that all underwriting and credit scoring models are robust and regularly reviewed and achieve underwriting performance targets.
- Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing introducer sources.
- To own and lead the company’s drive towards a first-class data quality environment, working closely with the IT team.
Having held and used a personal credit discretion of at least £100,000, the successful applicant will exercise a delegated credit discretion and demonstrate the ability to recommend those where a higher credit authority is required. In this role, there is also a requirement:
- To research, prepare and confidently assess credit applications through structured credit analysis.
- In assessing credit applications, to demonstrate a strong understanding of the data provided, and as a confident communicator, be comfortable in conveying decisions to Introducers verbally and in written format.
- To liaise with various stakeholders in the business, introducer sources and where necessary directly with customers.
- To ensure that the company complies with all internal and external legislation relating to the processing and acceptance of credit applications.
- To make an effective contribution to the successful running of the business through strategic input to the Board, management and all other meetings.
- To provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- To manage all direct reports in line with group HR policies.
Key result areas:
- Credit proposals turned around within agreed service standards.
- The company’s automated underwriting objectives are achieved.
- The company’s arrears targets are achieved.
- The company complies with all internal policy and external legislation.
- Risk to the lease portfolio is always monitored from front end credit and underwriting to portfolio analysis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to at least A-level standard.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment and having held a personal lending mandate.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management Risk position managing a team of underwriters.
- A detailed knowledge of the asset finance industry.
- A detailed knowledge of balance sheet analysis and interpretation.
- An advanced understanding of the risks associated with asset finance lending.
- An advanced knowledge of asset finance products.
- A detailed understanding of banking and asset finance laws including Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced credit environment with significant exposure to leasing and asset finance.
- A thorough understanding of the UK equipment leasing market and participants.
- Experience of discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- A hard-working attitude, working well under pressure and providing timely and accurate solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Display commerciality and have strong analytical, organisational, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can effectively tailor communications to a diverse range of business and customer stakeholder groups.
- An enthusiastic team player, with a flexible work approach and desire to succeed.
About our Client
An independent asset finance provider to the SME market, which prides itself on outstanding customer service delivered by an established team of innovative business professionals.
The company operates a range of tailored finance solutions to its clients, adopting a commercial view and looking beyond typical black and white underwriting criteria. Utilizing substantial own book funds and also leveraging relationships with major funders, it achieves high rates of acceptances for customers.
Efficient internal systems and an automated sanctioning system speed up proposal times.
Our Client is fast becoming recognised as a preferred option for asset finance business partnerships, providing its customers with the high level of service and commitment increasingly expected from a trusted provider.
Contact: Peter Dew at fitsRECRUITMENT firstname.lastname@example.org 0750 495 6161.