AVAILABLE NOW, FREE OF CHARGE
|Total new business volumes for equipment finance in Australia fell back in 2013, declining 6.4% to A$40.9bn. General equipment finance volumes dropped 6.1%, while fleet leasing fell by 9.3%|
|In the auto fleet sector, data shows a slight drop in the 12 months to July 2014, although the fleet managed segment showed a 2% rise in the number of units|
Over the last 12 months, the Australian economy has faltered slightly, with GDP growth sticking mostly below 1% while unemployment has moved above 6%.
|In terms of competitiveness, Australia continues to slip slowly compared to other global economies, although it ranks highly for financial market development and the soundness of the banking sector|
|Australia has a positive regulatory environment for doing business, being ahead of the regional average in most topics|
|Although total NBV declined 3.6% in the year to June 2014, there are signs of improvement: the June quarter of 2014 was the first quarterly gain over the previous year since September 2012|
|FULL SUMMARY OF FINDINGS - SEE PAGE 3 OF THE SURVEY|
- John Bills, director, AELA;
- Nino Di Bartolomeo, national head, corporate and institutional finance, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia;
- John Dennis, managing director, Australian Structured Finance;
- Colin Fleischmann, director Asia Pacific, White Clarke Group;
- Craig Gee, director, Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania);
- Katherine Knowlton, associate director, CFO Advisory, KPMG Australia;
- George Lagos, senior general manager, Canon Finance Australia;
- Hugh Lander, chief executive officer, BOQ Finance;
- Chris Pearson, CEO Asia Pacific, White Clarke Group; and
- Joel Phillips, director, Financial Services Tax, KPMG Australia.
Terms of service: Asset Finance International Country Surveys are free because they are sponsored. By ordering this Country Survey you are agreeing to allow us to share your contact information with the Sponsor who may contact you with information and offers regarding their products and services. The Sponsor is White Clarke Group.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED