Excellent benefits + Flexible working.
Do you want to work for an award-winning, global finance company?
My client partners with equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors globally, to support their distribution channels and help grow their businesses.
They combine customer focus with deep industry knowledge to deliver sustainable solutions for the complete asset life cycle, including retail finance, commercial finance and used equipment finance.
As a Credit Underwriter you will deliver timely credit decisions within stated credit parameters and own underwriting authority, with the ability to provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues / credit committee where new business applications are above mandate.
Day to day:
- Obtain and analyse financial, asset, market, legal and contractual information.
- Prepare structured financial analysis via ratio and peer group comparison, etc.
- Prepare credit application reports as a sound basis for own decision-making or decision making by senior risk officers and risk committee.
- Attend end user meetings/calls to complete due diligence and help support the sales process on large / complex transactions.
- Advise, prepare and participate in local risk committees when appropriate.
- When appropriate act as secretary to local risk committees.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at transaction level.
- Act as a point of guidance to wider Operations/Commercial teams.
- Review / assessment / approval of new suppliers / intermediaries.
- Annual reviews of suppliers and participation (as required) in supplier dashboard / portfolio reviews
- Provide advisory guidance to commercial teams on risk policy/procedures and work with the wider Credit Management team on the creation/revision of these policies/processes.
- Organised and structured approach, whilst being comfortable working in complex environments with deadlines.
- Friendly and approachable member who is able to network and help encourage enthusiasm in colleagues, customers and team members to reach a common goal.
- Task-focused problem solver, able to manage and prioritise multiple requirements.
- Willing to "go the extra mile" when required, via a flexible/adaptable approach to daily workload.
- Able to articulate thoughts in a concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- At least three years’ experience of underwriting/analysing transaction in a wide range of sectors within either a banking or asset finance business.
- FCA regulated environment experience (desired).
If you are currently in an Credit Underwriting role or are currently working as a Credit Analyst then this is the ideal next step in your career.
Contact: For more info, apply to Penny Bowring firstname.lastname@example.org