Salary: up to £60k pa according to experience plus Child Care and Company Bonus Scheme.
We are looking for an experienced and talented credit manager to join the team and add value to the business. This will suit a customer focused team player, with a demonstrable track record in SME underwriting and the enthusiasm and energy to succeed in a small team.
The Credit Team is responsible for the efficient, proactive but responsible underwriting of all new business transactions originated by the company’s broker panel and internal sales division.
Credit underwrite lease & loan proposals up to the assigned credit limit whilst adhering to defined credit criteria and turnaround service levels.
- Assessment and interpretation of presented / available credit information to formulate a balanced and consistent credit decision in line with the company’s credit criteria.
- Appropriate recording of credit decisions on the lease administration system.
- Liaise with other team members over credit and risk decisions to promote efficient flow of business.
- Ensure diligence is applied to minimise the risk of fraudulent activity.
- Proactive management of the underwriting deal queues in line with defined SLA’s.
- Ensure industry and asset class idiosyncrasies are considered when assessing applications.
- Monitor portfolio concentrations, identify high risk sectors and review the company’s ‘Risk Acceptance Criteria’ are aligned to ensure relevant safeguards.
- Review third party lease and loan documentation if and when required.
- Assist the collection team in matters of debt recovery / default where necessary.
- Assist with the pay out of transactions as part of the credit risk function prior to the inception of a transaction.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of holding an underwriting remit and assessing finance applications within a busy ‘Flow’ lending environment.
- Knowledge of lease and loan financial products and relevant legislation as stipulated by the FCA.
- A sound working knowledge of lending principles, credit analysis and underwriting methodology.
- Experience of financing a wide spread of assets notably hard assets (industrial, construction, agricultural, vehicles) highly desirable.
- Exposure to the ‘Professions’ market space would be beneficial.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Able to work under pressure and within defined deadlines.
- An ability to liaise positively at all levels within an organisation.
- Service orientated mentality.
- Team player.
- Clear ability and willingness to undertake ownership of tasks manage their own time and follow such tasks through to completion.
A niche asset finance provider and lender in the SME arena. Well respected and well-backed, writing deals on its own Balance Sheet and providing excellent service levels to its client base.
An independent, professional and confidential recruitment company focused on the Asset Finance Industry.
We act on behalf of Clients against specific assignment briefs for senior positions in the Industry.
We act for Candidates looking for their next career move.
Contact: Peter Dew at fitsRECRUITMENT 0750 495 6161 firstname.lastname@example.org