Basic Salary: £45k - £60k pa, depending on experience plus Pension & Quarterly Performance Bonus.
We are seeking an experienced leasing Sales and Business Development Manager, ideally someone who has experience working within a finance brokerage, to manage a small UK sales team and assume responsibility for driving revenues across the business.
The successful candidate will be expected to generate, create and develop sales opportunities from new and existing client accounts – this is not a ‘hunter’ role, more a senior sales relationship position supported by in-house sales, credit and administration teams. There will be individual and team targets together with KPIs designed to grow and expand the business. Successful performance will generate on target earnings up to £100,000.
Although deal sizes range between £15k and £5m, this individual would be expected to focus on the larger opportunities and client accounts. Typically managing 20+ live opportunities at any time, with deal values of £50k to £1m being the norm.
The ability to multi-task multiple live opportunities and client/dealer relationships is essential, together with the clear ability to generate and convert quality, ongoing deals. An understanding of crafting commercial propositions both to the provided customer base, new customer base and in turn to the panel of Lessors & Banks is critical to the business model.
The position offers genuine scope for career progression. The ability to grow as an individual and assume greater responsibility over time would be of great interest to our client, who has developed into the leading independent provider in their sector of the industry.
- Manage and grow the existing sales team, focusing on quality of business and increasing revenues for the team, of which you are the lead player.
- Develop potential deals from named accounts & relationships already in place and bring to a successful close continuing business opportunity.
- Foster business relationships with new and existing key accounts & Dealers through cross-selling and upsales activity.
- Influence and implement the sales strategy for the business, focusing on financial product offerings and key client credit lines.
Experienced asset finance sales and business development across small and medium ticket sizes with expertise in the SME arena and ideally the technology asset sectors.
The ideal candidate will already be in Asset Finance with at least three years’ leasing or lending sales experience, but consideration would be given to persons from a credit background provided some sales experience can be adequately demonstrated. Possibly backgrounds: multiple Lessors/Banks or ideally as a leasing broker. They may or may not be experienced at managing a team.
More important is the quality of the individual and the ability to develop profitable areas of revenue generation for the business.
Required skills & experience:
- Solid sales experience within the Asset Finance industry.
- Thorough understanding of asset finance sales offerings and how to package large deals.
- Ability to manage senior sales individuals.
- Appreciation of the SME business arena.
- Comfortable and effective in a small team.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, flexible and able to multi-task.
About our client
A finance broker working within the UK Technology Industry. Excellent service levels, attentive to its customer base and with specialist knowledge gained over many years, the brokerage has a 65% repeat business customer base.
Our client enjoys close relationships with many major equipment suppliers and manufacturers, offering access to knowledge, new products and competitive finance arrangements, funded via a range of circa 40 different lessors.
South East Midlands / M1 Corridor. This is an office-based role.
Next Steps: In the first instance, please contact: Peter Dew at fitsRECRUITMENT firstname.lastname@example.org 0750 495 6161