Our client is the asset finance subsidiary of a long-established and well-respected UK bank. Due to a major transformation project underway, they are seeking a Product Lead who will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance, enhancement, vendor relationship and strategic direction of their Asset Financing platform.
The role will ensure that the banking platform is fit for purpose day to day and that the ongoing roadmap of change on the platform addresses the business needs and minimises the risk of business disruption.
The position will support the product delivery throughout its lifecycle and the candidate will be an expert in the features, benefits and capabilities of the product. The role will assist with product strategy and responsible for defining how it meet the needs of the current and future business processes.
Taking commercial direction from the Product Owner Banking Platform this role will be a key advocate of the product to the business. The key focus for this role will be to work collaboratively with the Business, Change and Development teams to optimise delivery of the defined product vision and roadmap.
The person must be extremely familiar with the technical, operational, legal and regulatory environments within which the Business and Product operates. Someone that prioritises customer's view of the product and works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in identifying, resolving and managing key product questions that improve the overall proposition and customer experience.
- Engage with key stakeholders and understand the business strategy for the domain, and align with this strategy.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve the product, and drive acceptance across the domain owners.
- Responsible for the delivery of the product technical change backlog and integration of product into other technical services.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the development work.
- Recognised domain expert and point of contact who extends consultancy to the change projects with SME association.
- Act as a champion for the platform throughout the organisation, working closely with various stakeholders.
- Acts as a gatekeeper by recommending all technical and process change introduced to the platform.
- Discuss technical solutions with the product vendor.
- Work with the product vendor in respect of support.
- Maintain a high degree of industry knowledge particularly regarding regulatory and transformational development.
Skills & Experience:
- Functional expertise in Asset Finance and Leasing front, middle and back office operations.
- Conversant and understanding of Customer Experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the product lifecycle.
- Quick to recognise constraints/challenges in order to facilitate effective and timely change.
- Full life cycle Business Analysis experience from requirements definition through to implementation within a front and back office business environment.
- Ability to manage priorities and work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Experience in multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making and continuously challenge assumptions.
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Bank wide risk management framework and internal Policies.
- Understand the interplay between new features, system complexity, and technical debt, and can make trade-offs among them effectively.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-regional environment.
- Experience of working in teams within Change, Project management, Design and Analyst functions.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of Agile framework and product delivery techniques.
Contact: For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jeff on 07584 566 884