Competitive salary package.
James George Recruitment are seeking a Finance Manager to join a highly prestigious Asset Finance House based in Surrey.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, will be primarily responsible for the monthly production of the management accounts and for the management and coaching of the Finance team of 5 - a reasonable level of management experience is therefore required. The role also involves overseeing cash and banking responsibilities as well as general balance sheet reconciliation activities.
Management of the month end P&L Process:
- Manage the month end P&L close process.
- Perform a line-by-line income analysis of the leasing portfolio.
- Perform analysis of ancillary P&L lines.
- Ensure overheads are correctly accrued in line with expectations and journaled to the right P&L line and cost centre.
- Production of the monthly accounts spreadsheet and posting of all journals within the month end deadline.
Balance Sheet Responsibilities:
- Oversee preparation of the month end reconciliation file and ensure all reconciliations / monthly tasks are signed off.
- Demonstrate effective balance sheet control through monthly review of reconciliations and provision of aged KPIs to Finance Controller and Finance Director.
- Preparation of quarterly I2C Reporting Process including the provision of Banking KPIs.
- Supervision of reconciliations and provision of assistance to Finance team in clearing entries.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the accruals account.
- Involvement in systems development.
- Create new accounts and charge codes in ALFA.
- Assist in daily pay-outs and Direct Debit runs.
- Monitor Finance job queues in ALFA and workflow case management.
- Mentor and assess performance of staff.
- Cover for the Financial Controller and Accounts staff as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with experience gained in the Asset Finance industry highly desirable.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Prior knowledge of ALFA is preferable.
- Good people and time management, organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to lead a close-knit Finance team at a very successful and highly regarded Funder in the Asset Finance industry.
Please contact Adam Sommerville on 0204 539 9054 Adam.email@example.com or Victoria Rua on 0204 539 9189 Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a discreet and confidential conversation about this opportunity