£25,000 - £32,000 plus bonus and benefits.
James George Recruitment have partnered with a highly successful business that is seeking a Collections Specialist to join their Collections & Recoveries team.
The person will be responsible for supervising and optimising the collections and recoveries activities, in order to minimise risk costs, optimise returns and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Identify and investigate arrears in the portfolio.
- Distinguish technical arrears from genuine arrears and undertake the necessary steps to resolve them.
- Communicate with debtors by telephone and in writing in order to collect outstanding arrears.
- Make arrangements for rescheduling of arrears where appropriate.
- Demonstration of TCF principles in all customer activities.
- Terminate contracts and pursue conditional payments in order to minimize risk costs.
- Assist the Team Leader with repossession and remarketing activities.
- Continue all necessary actions to collect payments in order to realize any subsequent gains.
- Real-time update of debtor and arrears history in order to maintain a complete record.
- Daily recording of arrears cheques and updating of comments on lease system.
- Checking daily bank reports ensuring bank details are correct on the lease system.
Skills and experience:
- Credit and/or Collections experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role ideally within Financial Services.
- Understanding of regulated agreements.
- Team player and “People person” with excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software packages.
- Willing and prepared to “go the extra mile” when required.
Good to know:
- Working days are Monday to Friday.
- This would be a hybrid role where you will predominantly be home based but required to travel to the offices when needed.
Please contact Adam Sommerville on 0204 539 9054 Adam.email@example.com or Victoria Rua on 0204 539 9189 Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a discreet and confidential conversation about this opportunity