Salary is flexible depending on experience.
We have partnered with an Asset Finance firm based in the Midlands who are looking for a Credit Underwriter to join their Credit & Risk team. The candidate will take charge of underwriting allocated deals all the way from getting the financials and documents necessary from the clients to the credit risk decision.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Review new customer applications to ensure adherence to the company’s risk appetite whilst maintaining SLAs, including escalations for complex or high exposure cases.
- Apply a broad knowledge of credit risk principles, financial risk assessment, sector knowledge and exposure calculation methods to understand potential risks and structure mitigation proposals to support new deals.
- Performing ongoing credit reviews of high risk accounts to ensure they continue to meet the company’s standards and risk appetite.
- Provide support and knowledge to the Commercial teams and internal stakeholders about credit and fraud risk.
- All credit proposals are underwritten manually to provide a bespoke service.
- Average deal size £80k and looking at circa 10 deals a day.
- Credit mandate authority of £150k (probably only after a couple of months or after probation).
- To attend meetings (on or off-site) with Brokers, Sales Manager or Directors to support the business development requirements.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, CICM or any other relevant degree.
- At least 2 years’ of Credit Underwriting experience gained in Leasing/Asset Finance.
- Must possess advanced excel, accountancy and IT skills to be able to calculate ratios and analyse the clients’ financials.
- Strong knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act and FCA regulations.
- Must show willingness to assist across the firm and have flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiate and meet deadlines.
Good to know:
- Hybrid work (after you have settled in).
- Full time, permanent position.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Competitive package which includes life assurance, Simply Health, cycle to work, rewards hub and annual bonus (depending on individual and company performances).
Please contact Adam Sommerville on 0204 539 9054 Adam.firstname.lastname@example.org or Victoria Rua on 0204 539 9189 Victoria.email@example.com if you would like to have a discreet and confidential conversation about this opportunity