£55-60k basic, plus benefits.
Our client is a very successful lending solutions provider into the UK SME sector, with an impressive track record in the asset finance markets. They have also significantly grown as a business over the past 3 years as well as growing their product offerings. We are looking for someone who has either worked for another asset finance business, or working as an underwriter in other market sectors such as stocking, motor finance or other forms of commercial leasing of banking.
In this role as a Senior Underwriter you will draft and present structured credit proposals, maintaining an objective and independent view within the credit process and complying with Credit Policy, guidelines, and processes.
The Senior Underwriter will be required to perform credit reviews and research industry and customer-related information for all new proposals and reviews of existing customers, as well as proactively monitoring industry and sector trends for early warning signals.
You will need to achieve the timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews, in accordance with pre-agreed SLAs. You will be required to coordinate with fellow Senior Underwriters and colleagues from the Credit & Risk department, as well as the Sales and Operations teams in relation to credit proposals; satisfaction of conditions precedent prior to referring for payout; and assist in ongoing monitoring of clients' financial performance to ensure compliance with covenants in place.
You will be confident to build, develop, and strengthen relationships with existing and potential Introducers; Suppliers; and Valuers in order to maximise future opportunities for the Business.
You will also be required to assist in the production of underwriting management reports, including client exposures; asset concentration; and other ad hoc reports as required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellent credit assessment and report writing skills with appropriate due diligence undertaken on all credits, and completion of structured credit reports for presentation to the appropriate sanctioning authorities.
- Consistently demonstrate strong financial, analytical, and numerical skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills with a clear understanding of the credit risk drivers for each proposal.
- Demonstrate an ability to disseminate complex information to multiple stakeholders, explaining the salient points.
- Effective time-management abilities - ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communicator / relationship builder.
- Attention to detail and accountable - demonstrates strong deal ownership.
- Team player with self-motivation, a ‘can do, attitude and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
If you would like to work for a business with a great culture, backed by a strong leadership team, where the common goal is to grow the business in the right way for their customers then this could be for you.
Contact: In the first instance please send your cv to Mark Lyons at email@example.com or call 0161 258 0053 / 07470 476320 for a confidential discussion
If this role isn’t in the right location for you but wish to register then please visit www.marklyonsrecruitment.com to submit your details.