base and car allowance c£68,000 OTE £108,000 uncapped earning potential commission quarterly paid. Potential initial guarantee available and then a regular draw on commission available.
Our client a leading international lessor with a fast developing presence in the industrial sector are seeking to further develop their presence in the materials handling sector by appointing a technical sales specialist to work closely with its sales staff and major corporate and public sector customers in the UK, France, Belgium & Netherlands.
Core objectives of the role encompass:
- Close collaboration with account managers and internal departments across 4 countries.
- Sales focus on fleet management solutions for material handling equipment (MHE).
- Target customer classification in cooperation with regional management.
- Development of a documented deal pipeline (DMS).
- Understanding and developing our clients solutions.
- Be the expert for his/her relevant solution area (Fleet Management MHE).
- Application of different sales methodologies (CEP, BC analysis, needs and requirements analysis, solution design).
- To be an active role model of our clients values in front of customers and colleagues.
- Travel throughout the region: UK, France, Netherlands & Belgium, expectations are the role being 40% UK focussed and 20% in each other country with reasonable travel typically 6 working days a month in total outside of the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Passing on the experiences of sales and methodical competences.
- Taking over coaching and/or mentoring tasks for junior colleagues.
- Self-reliance and acceptance of responsibility for the entire sales cycle.
- Identification and development of profitable opportunities in the corresponding solution area (Fleet Management MHE).
- Independent acquisition and positioning of the solution-specific portfolio with target customers.
- Perform analyses and optimisation plans of material handling fleets.
- Design and set up the management (processes) of material handling fleets (e.g. implementing forklift tracking devices).
- Responsibility for the preparation of calculations and offers together with the account managers.
- Support for coordinating service resources that may be needed.
- Support of the account manager in establishing and maintaining a strong relationship network with contact persons of our customers for his solution area (influencer and decision maker according to buying center analysis).
- Focus on written target customer situations. Handing over acquisition customers to the the account management team.
- Development and establishment of new partnerships with suppliers and subcontractors for its relevant solution area in the assigned region.
- Ensuring the profitability of the solution-specific portfolio with the assigned customers.
- Understanding of the factors influencing customer results and contribution margins.
- Responsibility for coordinating necessary resources and back office activities across the region.
- To apply you must be located in the UK, UK south preferred but our client are flexible open to a home based contract. If not UK south based you should be located near a major international airport to allow easy travel to France, Netherlands & Belgium.
- You must have at least 5 years’ experience in the material handling industry, especially forklift industry , this may have been gained with a financier of materials handling assets – or with a manufacturer or a major dealer in materials handling assets where exposure to finance based solutions has been gained.
- Professional experience in material handling equipment, preferably in the areas of sales, service and/or project management.
- Ideally already experienced in the leasing industry (preferred profile is experience of leasing combined with a depth of materials handling knowledge).
- Open and friendly in approach.
- Desire to work closely with customers and colleagues.
- Confident in presenting and negotiating at all levels within the sales cycle.
- Strategic thinking and market knowledge.
- Confident in working with MS-Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Base and car allowance c£68,000 OTE £108,000 uncapped earning potential commission quarterly paid. Potential initial guarantee available and then a regular draw on commission available
Contact: Please send your CV firstly to Sean Toms at: firstname.lastname@example.org and then call me on + 44 (0) 1691 670466 for a confidential discussion.