Our client a long established SME & SMB broker and direct focussed asset financier who are part of a larger group are seeking a new Head of Credit & Risk.
Reporting to the board and with a dotted line through to the group head of credit the purpose of the role is:
- To lead, oversee and manage all aspects of the asset finance and block discounting business including underwriting, collections and asset management and portfolio management functions.
- To establish robust credit processes and controls and to execute against them to ensure that our client delivers outstanding customer service whilst maintaining the quality of the asset finance and block discounting portfolios.
- To ensure development, direction and management of strategic initiatives promoting business diversity and long term performance plans.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Underwriting – responsible for the underwriting function and adherence to approved Credit Policy for the asset finance and block discounting business. To underwrite individual transactions and credit facilities within agreed business appetite, policy and delegated authority framework.
- Credit department – to resource, develop, performance manage and motivate the credit team to achieve the company’s objectives. To line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management and appraisals.
- Portfolio management – to be accountable for the overall quality of the asset finance and block discounting portfolios.
- Risk – responsible for the risk function including reporting of same. To appraise the credit and risk position of the company and to provide reports on business performance, profitability and growth as required. To provide timely production of management information and to ensure the continued development of quality management information to support better decision making.
- Collections - To manage and run the collections department to ensure potential losses are minimal and within budgeted expectations and to ensure the highest levels of customer service quality and competency are maintained thereby minimising risk and costs. The maintenance of robust collections procedures in line with company policy and regulatory requirements.
Our clients office are South East based and they are operating a hybrid working model thus, depending on your location, you could spend c50% of your time working from home.
That said we believe applicants who are South East based are likely to be better placed for reduced commuting for the office based part of the role and we expect applications will be favoured from applicants based London / South East.
Key skills & experience sought include the following:
- Sound knowledge of AML/CTF regulations as they apply to our client.
- Extensive industry specific knowledge and experience.
- Extensive underwriting and credit decision making experience.
- Detailed understanding of unregulated asset finance transactions and Consumer Credit Act exemption rules.
- Long term leadership experience at both team and senior management level.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of collection management strategies and insolvency procedures.
- Client focus.
- Business and commercial focus.
- Team working.
- Expert knowledge.
- Planning and reviewing.
- Leading others.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Judgment and problem solving.
An excellent executive remuneration package is being offered including an upper quartile base salary range , performance related bonus , car allowance and a range of other generous benefits.
We are happy to discuss remuneration in detail, including base salary range with suitably qualified and motivated applicants.
Contact: Please send your CV firstly to Sean Toms at: email@example.com and then call me on + 44 ( 0 ) 1691 670466 for a confidential discussion.