To £60,000 - plus bonus and excellent benefits.
Our client a fast growing broker driven bank asset financier for whom we have placed a number of members of staff are seeking an additional flow underwriter to support their flow business unit.
Flow means deals up to £500,000 in size and with a focus across a wide variety of asset classes both hard and soft and a range of credit covenants.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate underwriting decisions within a delegated authority and recommendations to senior management where outside of personal mandate.
- Preparing comprehensive financial analysis identifying all material financial and other risks and opportunities in order to arrive at a balanced and informed decision or recommendation.
- Undertaking all appropriate diligence in respect of transactions, including reference to relevant bureaus, referencing agencies & other external sources ensuring alignment to the Bank’s risk policies.
- Maintaining active watch over portfolio performance & awareness of market trends.
- Ability to liaise with key customers.
Please apply if you are willing to work a minimum of 1 day a week art our clients City office, the balance can be home based if you wish and if you have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in underwriting asset finance proposals with detailed knowledge of various asset types.
- Fundamental knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis of SME’s and corporates.
- Demonstrable ability to understand value across a range of hard and soft assets.
- Ability to work independently in taking a pragmatic approach to underwrite within parameters of credit policy; appreciation of when escalation / guidance is required.
- The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business.
- From a credit perspective, lending experience of SME and corporate clients.
- Understanding of regulatory governance and ensuring compliance with lending and credit policies (including management of large exposures / concentration risk).
Excellent career and future earning potential exists for a high performer to develop their career into our clients middle ticket team and or into people leadership roles.
Contact: Please send your CV firstly to Sean Toms at: firstname.lastname@example.org and then call me on + 44 ( 0 ) 1691 670466 for a confidential discussion.