Up to £50,000 plus excellent benefits.
Our client a leading asset financier whom we have successfully sourced many staff are seeking a Credit Underwriter.
You will be deployed to work on our client division that works with lease brokers focussed on the SME & SMB sector where deal sizes across hard and soft assets are typically up to £500,000 in size.
The role encompasses:
- Assessing the creditworthiness of customers proposed to our client using accounts, bank statements, credit searches, assets type and suitability of the dealer.
- Assess asset values and obtaining valuations via internet, Glasses Guide, CAP, auction sites, dealers and personal experience.
- Desktop valuations from third parties i.e. Tallons.
- Ensure necessary documentation for the above are completed & sent to customer for signing. Dealing with any issues raised by New Business regarding deals to pay-out, invoices, acceptance conditions not adhered to.
- Daily diary system to contact brokers to assess whether deals are proceeding or not. Mark the file accordingly.
- Assist the BDMs with the development of broker relationships
- Liaising with other parts of the Broker Division regarding customers/deals to safeguard company interests.
- Working as a team with my Underwriting colleagues along with New Business & Collections.
This is a contractually a home based role but initially you will spend a few weeks working from our clients offices whilst you learn their business – we would expect all hotel accommodation over this period to be at our clients cost unless you are commutable to their offices – thereafter you can expect to work wholly from home except for c1/2 days a month at their head office.
- You must have a strong knowledge and experience of underwriting credit proposals in the Asset Finance sector for both hard and soft assets.
- You will be a self-starter, with a strong desire to succeed
- You have a track record of working efficiently to tight deadlines and SLAs
- You are an excellent team player, able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally to the business.
- You will possess excellent problem-solving skills
- You will have a strong customer focus
Salary up to but not more than £50,000 plus end of year bonus plus excellent benefits including a generous contributory pension.
Contact: Please send your CV firstly to Sean Toms at: firstname.lastname@example.org and then call me on + 44 ( 0 ) 1691 670466 for a confidential discussion.