My client offers bespoke specialist finance in the Motor & Asset sector. Due to rapid growth they are now looking for an additional Collections Administrator.
They are seeking a diligent and organised candidate who has the ability to prioritise work in a fast paced environment involving early arrears collections activities in line with Company policy. Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills are paramount. You will also investigate fraud and asset risk by reviewing vehicle tracker information and following up on any concerns.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolve client-billing problems and accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 1 year consumer collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Experience in a financial services environment is preferred but not required.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com