£60k + great benefits.
We are seeking a candidate with underwriting experience in an asset finance lending environment to join a client as a Senior Underwriter. If you are analytical, have strong interpersonal skills and are committed to setting and promoting high standards of customer service, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, you will support underwriting process to ensure the integrity and quality of new business proposals and the company portfolio.
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include dealing with the asset department, sales team and occasionally direct communication face to face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers.
- Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal.
- Presenting underwriting proposals to other underwriters or to credit committee.
- Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing high balance exposures.
- Proven track record in underwriting within asset finance / leasing / banking industry.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and be self-motivated.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to support colleagues.
- Commitment to set and promote high standards of customer service.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent working experience with an appropriate delegated authority.
- Demonstrable experience in underwriting within a commercial lending environment.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com