Our client is seeking a Senior Credit Manager responsible for leading the risk operation. The role is focused on optimisation of risk processes within the business resulting in a high quality, effective and efficient business operating within risk appetite controls and global policies.
- Primary duties include the organisation, management and optimisation of risk processes within the business resulting in a high quality, effective and efficient business operating within risk appetite controls and global policies.
- The scope of the role includes responsibility for collection and recovery functions, management of commercial finance operational activities and co-responsibility for compliance aspects.
- Management of retail and wholesale underwriting activities delivering optimal service levels to the business whilst ensuring adherence to regulatory and internal policies.
- Management of commercial finance operations, delivering an efficient and responsive service to stakeholders in accordance with controls and policies.
- Managing and optimising collection and processing activities in order to minimise risk costs, optimise returns and deliver optimal service levels.
- Operate as main ‘go-to’ member on business compliance matters and liaise with internal compliance teams and external regulators.
- Together with the management team responsible for driving the strategic growth of the business.
- Provide support where and when required including projects and ad hoc initiatives.
- The role will involve visits to offices in other locations (the UK and overseas).
- Excellent communication skills and customer-facing experience.
- Experience in managing different teams in a financial services organisation.
- Substantial working experience in the risk domain (including Portfolio, Operational, Credit risk, Asset risk).
- Experience of working in (UK) regulated lending environment.
- University degree in business finance and/or relevant analytical subject.
- Preferred, qualified Chartered Institute of Credit Management.
- Familiar with Integrated Risk Management.
- Preferred, experience of working in the hard-assets lending environment.
Contact: Please call Julie Ramsay for more information on 01279 713900.