£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits.
We have a great new opportunity with a UK Bank for a Senior Credit Underwriter with experience in Asset Finance (underwriting both soft and hard asset applications).
Underwriting limits will ideally range from £50K to £500K.
In this role, you will be required to analysing and assessing credit proposals received from brokers.
You will have the opportunity to challenge credit policies and suggest changes to policy and criteria.
It would be great if you have experience leading and managing a team as we expect this individual to move quickly into a senior management position.
- Guide, manage and coach the underwriters.
- Monitor and ensure optimal resource allocation amongst the underwriters.
- Assess credit applications from reviewing the proposal form, credit bureau searches, supporting information including bank statements, financial accounts and any other additional information required.
- Analyse affordability measures, financial crime risks and fraudulent applications, and credit backgrounds.
- Provide industry regulatory support and understanding to the business in order to strengthen future frameworks.
- Produce reports on trends, volumes and data relating to applications to senior management.
- Adhere to credit policy, credit guidelines, service levels and his/her own delegated authority.
- Make credit recommendations to the senior management and credit committee for proposals outside of their delegated authority.
- In-depth understanding of financial statements and principles of lending.
- Work with the sales team/brokers to maximise opportunity.
- Good knowledge of regulatory matters including KYC processes.
- Proven experience working in a credit role within the financial services industry or specific asset finance experience.
- Understand the relevant UK Regulatory requirements relating to the provision of credit facilities in these jurisdictions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as this role will involve influencing at all levels.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please contact Catherine Jack on 01279 713900 email@example.com