Competitive Package, excellent benefits - depending upon experience.
Working for a major lender, as Senior Underwriter you will report to the Senior Credit Manager and responsible for delivering timely credit decisions This role is working within the niche professions finance market.
- Underwrite new business applications and deliver timely credit decisions within SLA guidelines and in accordance with Credit policy.
- Provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues where new business applications are above the Senior Underwriter’s credit mandate.
- Ensure annual reviews are completed on time.
- Prepare credit papers for submission to Credit Committee.
- Support the development and delivery of new business initiatives through identification, assessment and mitigation of credit risks.
- Provide guidance to the credit team and the wider business on Iceberg credit policy and appetite.
- Drive continuous improvement activity challenging processes and procedures to deliver optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics and operations of UK Law Firms.
- Appreciation of Chambers Directory and other relevant information relating to UK Law Firms.
- Knowledge of the Law Society and SRA Rules as applied to UK Law Firms.
- At least 5 years proven experience of underwriting transactions in professions finance, and vendor/direct asset finance lending environment, having held a personal lending mandate.
- Solid and demonstrable experience in a wide range of assets and lending structures.
- Experience in discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Commercial lending experience in professions finance and unsecured lending transactions.
- Experience of working in a direct and broker origination model.
- Thorough understanding of finance products and appropriate security/legal/documentation risks.
- Ability to make sound commercial credit decisions within the Bank’s credit appetite.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Advanced written and presentation skills.
The ideal candidate must have equivalent working experience in Professions/Asset Finance - with an appropriate delegated authority. Solid and proven experience in underwriting a diverse range of assets across a wide credit spectrum.
37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. The flexibility of hours may be possible but please do enquire prior to applying.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please contact Julie Ramsay email@example.com