Excellent package and benefits.
We are working with our client on this new vacancy in a growing company. The Head of Credit Risk will be experienced in all credit products including Structured Finance, Asset Finance, Regulated and Non-Regulated Lending. The jobholder will be required to conduct credit assessments in accordance with delegated limits ranging from £500K and above.
You will be required to analyse and assess credit proposals received from customers/partners prior to submission to the Credit Committee.
- Lead, manage and coach the Credit Team.
- Monitor and ensure optimal resource allocation amongst the Underwriters.
- Critically and objectively assess and challenge credit applications prior to submission to Credit Committee and the Bank.
- Analyse affordability measures, financial crime risks and fraudulent applications, and credit backgrounds.
- Provide industry regulatory expertise and understanding to the business in order to strengthen future credit and risk frameworks.
- Produce reports on trends, volumes and data relating to applications to the Board and Senior Management Team.
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- Proven experience working in a senior credit role within the financial services industry or specific Wholesale Finance experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- In depth understanding of financial statements and principles of lending.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant UK Regulatory requirements relating to the provision of credit facilities and KYC processes in these jurisdictions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as this role will involve influencing at all levels.
Contact: Catherine Jack on 07450 425790.