£24,000 - £25,000 per annum, negotiable.
We are looking to recruit a collections specialist to join a team in Chester. This role is office hours Monday to Friday.
- Collection of the company’s arrears cases.
- Principal collections resource for White Oak UK, dealing with both internally and externally generated requests.
- Corresponding by phone, email and letter to external customers and stakeholders.
- Providing support to the Head of Collections as and when required.
- Contacting clients regarding outstanding payments for services through immediate payment or by setting up payment plans.
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment schedules.
- Provide collections assistance to our funding partners and be a point of contact for them.
- Always deliver a consistent and professional level of service.
- Achieve set revenue targets and call quality objectives.
- Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
- Input customer-related data accurately and efficiently.
- Take responsibility for resolving disputes, ensuring that caller concerns are actioned correctly, and all parties are notified.
- Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
- Collections experience in lending Consumer, motor or asset.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms; confident telephone manner and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to make commercially aware decisions when dealing with arrears cases, agents, solicitors and third parties.
- Ability to identify potential high-risk cases.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a collection’s role.
- Good all-round collections skills dealing with cases from inception of arrears to recovery of bad debts.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment and ability to work under pressure.
- Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Be persuasive, persistent and self-motivated.
- Show empathy, assertiveness, tact and resilience.
Contact: Vicky Maynard on 01279 713900.