Our client, a boutique banking group specialising in retail and SME banking is looking to appoint a Senior Compliance Manager & MLRO to join their expanding group. This is a brand new position/headcount for the bank, so a fantastic opportunity for the incumbent to make the position their own.
- Manage compliance support for the FCA registered companies within the Group.
- Actively work to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory, reputational, legal and operational risks.
- Monitor and manage the compliance and operational risk aspects of outsourced arrangements.
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for UK operations.
- Act as coordinator of Data Protection matters for UK operations.
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance and other Senior Managers in discharging their duties under the Controlled Function and Senior Managers Certification Regimes.
- Drive compliance with all UK legislation, regulation and applicable codes of practice in the markets in which we operate (excluding company law and employment law).
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk - develop/implement the corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with a similar situation in the future.
- Implement effective issues and actions tracking, with appropriate escalation and reporting, for open risks;Provide management, ARCC and Board with an opinion on the internal regulatory controls within the Group through regular and appropriate reporting.
- Maintain and analyse key risk data in order to inform and support reporting on internal regulatory controls.
- Review and analyse new legislation and regulation, engage with the business in order to assess the impact, plan the implementation of regulatory change and embed within company policies and procedures.
- Detailed working knowledge of FCA and PRA rules, particularly in relation to Banking, Consumer Credit (CONC) and/or mortgages (MCOB).
- Detailed working knowledge of AML rules and associated guidance.
- A systematic approach to work with demonstrable ability to work independently and deliver to deadline, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of presenting to senior management and internal committees.
Contact: Please apply or contact Catherine Jack to arrange a confidential discussion on 07450 425790.