£30k plus benefits.
We are recruiting a collections specialist for an Asset Business Finance lender, the role has excellent and flexible working conditions.
- To control, administer, monitor arrears and or assets.
- Utilise existing and new technologies to improve the effectiveness of collections.
- Work to a high standard of professionalism.
- Responsible for all administration and record keeping.
- Contact customers by telephone, email, letter or text to maximise the collection of arrears accounts, in accordance with company standards and within legal and regulatory requirements, reducing delinquency with the objective of returning borrower accounts to a resolved or up-to-date payment status.
- Maintain the computer-based information systems on all activities including building and running and reviewing reports to identify potential problem areas.
- Embrace technology and ensure it is used to full advantage to meet customers’ needs.
- Provide administrative support for all areas of the Debt Recovery Team or as instructed by line management.
- Gather/verify client information from various sources and, as directed, to ensure client data is accurate, and update systems with findings and communicate the outcome to all relevant persons.
- Deal with routine correspondence with regard to any collection or recovery issue.
- Issue reminders notice and support the team with the issue of summons to customers.
- To ensure compliance with all Company policies with particular reference to Data Protection and Health & Safety policies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of any laws and regulations and official guidance in the UK and Isle of Man, relevant to the collection of debt process.
- Maintain awareness and comply with all anti-money laundering legislation, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to the Bank and your role.
- The concept of team working means that a flexible approach to work areas is required by the role holder.
- The work areas identified above are not exhaustive and there may be requirements from time to time to carry out other duties.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade C and above.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Previous experience gained within a similar collections position or customer services background preferably within banking or asset finance.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to ensure the successful completion of each debt collection attempt.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- A proactive approach to work.
- Team player with strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full Time 37.5 hrs per week.
- Flexible between: 7 am and 7 pm.
- Homeworking up to 4 days a week, one day in the office.
Contact: For more information, please contact Julie Ramsay on 01279 713900.