Our client, a fast growing prestigious lender, is going from strength to strength. Due to expansion of the Asset Business Finance we are looking to appoint a Senior Credit Underwriter with expertise in structured and refinance transactions. This is an opportunity to join an expert team with autonomy to help build and shape a market leading Asset Finance underwriting function. The scope is to work as a senior member of the underwriting team supporting higher value deals, specialist lines and Receivables business.
This position will have responsibility for the end-to-end underwriting process; including assisting sales in the preparation of credit applications which may involve direct customer calls /meetings and representing the function at Credit Committees, when applicable, with the ability to influence lending decisions.
The primary responsibility will involve the underwriting of security structured and refinance transactions acting as the liaison for the Sales and 2nd Line Credit teams and secondly you will be responsible for underwriting other Asset Finance transactions and in particular Middle Ticket proposals, as and when required.
As a key liaison point for Asset Finance, this position will be focused across the Asset Finance business in providing market intelligence and commentary which will influence Sales, Credit, Operations, Audit, Proposal Management and Collections in ensuring that the full risk profile of assets is fully articulated in the lending process and in managing the risk profile of the book.
- Credit Underwriting of Middle Ticket/Block or mid-term lending.
- The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business.
- Experience in underwriting of refinancing and security structured transactions.
- Fundamental knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis of SME’s and corporates.
- From a credit perspective, lending experience of SME and corporate clients.
- Understanding of regulatory governance and ensuring compliance with lending and credit policies (including management of large exposures / concentration risk).
Contact: Catherine Jack firstname.lastname@example.org