£65-70k plus car, bonus and benefits.
Our client is a major player in the financing of "Hard Assets" are looking to recruit a Credit Manager with underwriting experience in asset or motor finance. As Credit Manager, you will be responsible for the management and mentoring of the Dealer and Direct Sales Credit team.
- Responsible for the management of credit applications principally within the Agricultural, Construction and Commercial Vehicle Sectors.
- To examine, analyse, underwrite and decide each new business proposal ensuring that these are within agreed Company Credit Policies.
- Produce analyses of customers’ accounts and prepare Credit Application Forms containing a detailed recommendation if above personal underwriting authority in order that a higher sanctioning authority will be able to sanction the proposed lend.
- To obtain further information concerning an application as required and interfacing with customers to resolve credit-related questions, including on-site visits where appropriate.
- Participate in regular meetings and conference calls with colleagues, introductory sources and third parties to review business and develop processes.
- Provide support as required in order to maintain company service standards in terms of credit turnaround times across all market sectors.
- To organise or participate in regular and ad hoc Credit Committee meetings or calls to make recommendations when necessary.
- Evaluate the processes to mitigate corporate risk, initiating and implementing continuous credit process improvements.
- Ensure policies are communicated, complied with and understood by the team.
- Provide accurate and timely reports in the formats and frequencies required.
- Skilled and experienced in underwriting business credit applications. Understanding credit in the Agricultural, Commercial vehicle and Construction sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly skilled in financial analysis for credit underwriting purposes, contract documentation and legal/ fiscal requirements to manage the portfolio in line with corporate goals.
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a Regulated environment using all AML/KYX tools.
- An understanding of asset management and collections related processes.
- Possess excellent people skills and be an effective team player.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
The role is based in Essex with the option to be home-based up to 3 days a week.
- Company car;
- Pension healthcare.
- A range of flexible benefits.
Contact: For more information, please contact Julie on 01279 713900.