We are looking to recruit an n underwriter who is focused on building a career in Credit Risk .Our client is a provider of loans and asset finance to SME businesses with both direct and broker routes to market. Direct business is funded either on its own book or placed with third party funders. Broker-introduced business is funded on the own book. Typical transaction size is c. £50k.
- Working within a team of credit underwriters
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Assessing, analysing and interpreting other credit related information.
- Undertaking affordability analysis based on various financial and non-financial information.
- Be open and approachable for appeal of your decisions and have the ability to see a deal when originally you may not have done so.
- Ensuring strong lines of communication with all areas of the business are maintained.
- Underwriting experience is preferred but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will be organised, meticulous, prepared to take ownership of tasks, able to manage their own time, pro-active and able to follow tasks through to completion.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight time frames is paramount.
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Effective communication skills.
- Competent IT skills.
- Ability to make decisions on a rate for risk basis.
- Numerate with the ability to analyse financial statements and other Credit related information.
I addition to an excellent basic salary and career development our client offers:
- 28 days holiday(this includes 3 days at Christmas when the office closes) plus bank holidays. Holiday amounts increase with length of service.
- Employer pension 4%, employee pension 5%.
- Healthcare, cash plan and travel insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Retail discounts.
Contact: To discuss in more detail, please contact Julie@thcrecruitment.co.uk