Some of the most influential and inspiring people in auto, fleet and equipment finance were honoured at the International Asset Finance Network Awards 2018 in London.
During a gala dinner on September 13 in front of hundreds of industry leaders, awards host Colin Tourick, co-founder of the International Asset Finance Network, named the CEOs and business leaders who have helped reshape the industry in front of a packed audience at the Park Plaza Riverbank in London.
At the event, Nick Brownrigg was named CEO of the Year – auto finance, an award that covers both fleet and auto finance leaders.
Brownrigg, chief executive officer of Alphabet UK, received the award for powering the company’s fleet growth, driving forward a vision for future mobility and developing electric vehicle provision, while also encouraging investment in people and innovation within the business through an intrapreneur lab. The business has also seen customer satisfaction and loyalty improved, and it has gained a silver Investors in People Award, a Health and Wellbeing Award and Top Employers award.
Mike Randall, CEO of Simply Asset Finance, was named CEO of the Year – Equipment Finance.
The award recognised his inspiring leadership in developing the business, with one team member saying: “It was down to his vision, personality and leadership style that I and everyone else in the team decided to embark on this adventure.”
Simply Asset Finance was founded in April last year by a team of industry specialists with more than 200 years’ combined experience, with backing from Cabot Square Capital. It provides a range of finance options including hire purchase, finance leases and refinance and has already arranged more than £35m of financing in sectors including manufacturing, construction, transport and recycling.
Gerry Kouris, marketing manager at Alphera Financial Services, was named Auto Finance Personality of the Year, for his work as the driving force behind the creation of the first car finance accreditation for dealers and brokers, developed with the Institute of the Motor Industry.
The Equipment Finance Personality of the Year Award went to Reverend Dr Bill Dost, president of D&D Leasing. The company’s mission is to change the lives of other entrepreneurs and he has been awarded philanthropist of the year by the Leasing Foundation, ranked one of the top 50 most influential people in European leasing and sits on the boards of the Canadian Finance and Leasing Association, UK Finance and Leasing Association and the Leasing Foundation. D&D donates a monthly amount from each deal towards humanitarian operations around the world.
The awards also recognised leading companies in the auto, fleet and equipment finance sectors.
The winners were:
- Best Use of Technology – Auto/Fleet Finance: autofutura (Highly commended – Codeweavers)
- Best Use of Technology –Equipment Finance: Kingston Capital Finance
- Best Use of Data – Auto/Fleet Finance: VisionTrack (Highly commended – Lex Autolease
- Best Use of Data – Equipment Finance: 3 Step IT
- Best Customer Service: Alphabet (Highly commended – Close Brothers Asset Finance)
- Best Service to Intermediaries: Aldermore (Highly commended – Oodle Car Finance)
- Best Product or Service Innovation – Auto Finance: Moto Novo Finance (Highly commended – Close Brothers Motor Finance; Commended – Cazana)
- Best Product or Service Innovation – Fleet Finance: Alphabet (Highly commended – Hitachi Capital (UK) )
- Best Product or Service Innovation – Equipment Finance: Aldermore (Highly commended – Hitachi Capital)
- Fintech Innovator Award: Tomorrow’s Journey (Highly commended – BMW Financial Services; Commended – Lending Metrics)
- Point Of Sale Innovation Award: White Clarke Group (Highly commended – Divido)
- Best Professional Services Firm: Lex Autolease (Highly commended – DRIVE Software Solutions)
- Back Office Innovation Award: White Clarke Group (Highly commended – Close Brothers Asset Finance; Commended – SalesMaster)
- Best Small Business Provider: Aldermore (Highly commended – Star Asset Finance; Commended – Alphabet)
- Best New Entrant: Simply Asset Finance (Highly commended – TurnKey Lender)
- Award for Investment in People: BMW Financial Services (Highly commended – Alphabet)
The evening also saw the winner announced for the Finance Dragons’ Innovation Award, devised by the Leasing Foundation. A winner was chosen following a presentation earlier in the day by shortlisted companies to delegates at the International Asset Finance Network conference. The winner of the award was Tomorrow’s Journey.
The awards are assessed by a judging panel of more than 30 industry leaders and chaired by Adrian Dally, head of motor finance at the Finance and Leasing Association, who provided external independent certification of the process.
Colin Tourick, co-founder of the International Asset Finance Network, who presented the awards, said: “Our awards programme celebrates the best in our sector and this year expanded to include equipment finance. Congratulations again all to the winners and thank you to our sponsors for supporting this event.”
The headline event sponsor was Alfa, platinum sponsor was White Clarke Group and gold sponsor was NETSOL.
Table hosts were Aldermore, Close Brothers, Lex Autolease and Simply Asset Finance.